We are Hiring - a Process Chemist -
Bio-Sep is seeking a talented process chemist to join our growing team as we scale our ultrasonic biorefinery technology.
At Bio-Sep, we are passionate about the circular economy and we’re on a mission to provide the world with ground-breaking technology that will produce sustainable biochemicals.
Bio-Sep is a clean technology company based in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire. We have developed a sustainable, ultrasonic biorefining technology that transforms woody biomass, the by-products of forestry and agriculture, into high value biochemicals with a wide range of applications. After a period of intense R&D activity, we are now ready to scale up and commercialise our technology and we’re seeking a talented Process Chemist to join our growing team.
Based at the pilot plant site at Melton Mowbray, the Process Chemist will have day-to-day responsibility for operation of a kilo-scale R&D reactor and downstream separation and purification equipment. Working with our Process Engineer, you will also support operation of the pilot plant and, working with our Chief Chemist and Analytical Chemist, you will support analysis, characterisation.
Reporting to the Chief Chemist and the Senior Process Engineer, your main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- operate the kilo-scale ultrasonic rig to inform scale-up parameters for a wide range of starting materials
- support the design of trial plans and lead on data gathering, analysis and process optimisation
- operate and maintain down-stream product separation and purification equipment with minimal supervision
- accurately record all results, deviations and observations to support process development
- work with the Chief Chemist and Marketing Director to support the development of robust pathways to commercialisation for Bio-Sep products
- support operation of the pilot plant with the Senior Process Engineer
- work in an agile and flexible manner, responding to changing company and customer needs
- support other activities to grow and develop the company and its technology as appropriate
- Qualified to HND, degree or masters level in process engineering, chemical engineering, or other relevant scientific disciplines.
- Experience of working in a pilot-scale or production environment, operating kilo-scale and larger equipment
- Experience of carrying out trial procedures and using the results to solve problems and inform future research and scale-up.
- Self-starter, able to plan their own time whilst managing multiple projects over different timescales with minimal supervision
- Practical, active person with excellent problem-solving skills
- Confident at interacting with all levels of seniority both within the company and externally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Confident at handling and recording large volumes of data
- Keen to learn new skills and support Bio-Sep to grow its business through access to accurate data
If this sounds like you and you share our vision of a sustainable future then apply now.
Please send your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com